Founded in 1913, FIDIC is charged with promoting and implementing the consulting engineering industry’s strategic goals on behalf of its Member Associations and to disseminate information and resources of interest to its members. Today, FIDIC membership covers over 100 countries of the world.
FIDIC, in the furtherance of its goals, publishes international standard forms of contracts for works and for clients, consultants, sub-consultants, joint ventures and representatives, together with related materials such as standard pre-qualification forms.
FIDIC also publishes business practice documents such as policy statements, position papers, guidelines, training manuals and training resource kits in the areas of management systems (quality management, risk management, business integrity management, environment management, sustainability) and business processes (consultant selection, quality based selection, tendering, procurement, insurance, liability, technology transfer, capacity building).
FIDIC organises the annual FIDIC International Infrastructure Conference and an extensive programme of seminars, capacity building workshops and training courses.
1. Leading the consultancy and engineering industry visibly and effectively
2. Strengthen FIDIC’s position in the overall construction industry
3. Connect and support for our members more effectively
4. Adopt and improve the governance of the federation
5. Innovate the way the secretariat operates to be more effective and efficient.